Since I was a small boy I remember my mother warning me not to over use salt.
As a child I had a craving for salt and loved my bread dipped into chicken fat with tons of salt on it. I still remember chicken fat dripping down my fingers and hands. Why do I remember it so vividly? Because I still do it whenever I have the chance to do so. Only now I do not use bread but I dip pieces of meat in the salty fat. What a wonderful taste!
Throughout my schooling, salt was something we should avoid. In the medical university we are told how salt increases the blood pressure and in this way create heart and kidney problems. Since people with ill health usually experience kidney problems, salt is strictly forbidden.
Does this make any sense to you?
Low salt diet never made any sense to me and I used salt indiscriminately. Living first in Croatia (Yugoslavia), we ate refined iodised sea salt. Not the best salt to have but way less toxic than table salt which is completely artificial and full of aluminium oxide. So yes, if table salt is what you use, use as little of it as you possibly can. Unfortunately, table salt is what is commonly used in the processed food industry so there is one more reason not to eat processed foods.
I know, this looks so delicious, but it is so toxic. Every ingredient is toxic except one: butter. Since French use only butter in baking this is why French pastry is healthier than others. The three secrets of French cuisine are; butter, butter and butter!!!
Now back to the salt.
Do we need salt or not?
Let us examine our body and start from there.
When we perspire, the sweat is salty.
Tears are salty
Phloem is salty
Our plasma is salty
Our blood is salty
Urine is salty
It looks to me that we are full of salt and we lose some of it daily. Further the bones have almost the same amount of salt as they do calcium. Why are we not told about this.
Sodium is our most important electrolyte. We are electrical beings and salty environment is crucial for good electrical conductivity. This is why the salinity of our blood is constantly calibrated. If we get low on salt body reduces the amount of water it has within the blood. This makes us thirsty. So if we drink water, we cannot hydrate because there is not enough salt for the body to balance bloods salinity and water has to be eliminated. During water elimination small amount of salt escapes making us more dehydrated more water we drink. Funny isn’t it. And we are often told that we must drink minimum of three litres of water daily. I know many people that dehydrated so severely following this recommendation that they developed arthritis and scoliosis followed by migraine headaches and Sciatica.
On the other hand if we add more salt into our meals what happen then?
As higher amount of salt enters our blood it has to be diluted by water so that the proper salinity of the blood can be achieved. Since there is not enough water in the food this makes us thirsty. Increased blood salinity will not be tolerated for long and if water does not arrive, body will eliminate the access of salt by sweat or by urine. Blood will lose more water because it cannot eliminate excess of salt without water so in this case salt acts as a diuretic.
How in the hell can we hydrate and raise the amount of water in the blood circulation?
We can do it in two ways. We can drink a lot of water with, and immediately after our meal in which we use indiscriminate amount of salt, or we add salt to the water we drink. I do both. We can add as much salt to our meals as we want and we can drink all our water with salt. We never have to worry about the amount of salt we bring into our body as long as we drink enough water so that our body can properly balance it. We wrongly assume that drinking beer or red wine bring enough water into our body and that no additional water is necessary. There is no adequate amount of water brought into our body with other beverages because that type of water is saturated and actually needs more water to eliminate those toxic ingredients within those beverages. Only pure structured water can do the job of hydration. So water + salt in any shape and quantity you want and make sure that you are using none refined sea salt.
Actually the best source of salt is sea water.
Sea water is pure medicine. It contains all the minerals found in blood plasma. Soaking the body in the sea water cleanses the lymphatic circulation, hydrates us and allows cleansing organs to cleanse our blood.
The next good thing after sea water is freshly harvested none refined sea salt. Every other salt is far off.
If you hydrate the way I just explained it, you will quickly increase the amount of water in your blood and your cleansing organs will rapidly start to eliminate toxins from your blood. So much so that you may feel weak, with increase phloem, cough, diarrhea and possible fever. All those are symptoms of rapid cleansing.
Do not be frightened of too much salt. When I was experimenting we were living on a sail boat. I was drinking sea water to see if there can be to much of salt. All that happened to me was that my skin got completely white as my body was eliminating the access of the salt through the skin and urine was extremely salty. No problems detected with my health. Blood pressure was normal and I was feeling great.
In my book The Owner’s Manual For The Human Body I describe more about hydration and the purpose of salt in our body. Self Healers Protocol will guide you in hydration and cellular cleansing and reparation.
There is nothing to worry about. Only if you are on medication I suggest you contact me first because medication destroys the blood circulation so blood pressure will go up when you start hydrating and guidance is recommended.
Acidic food is another cause of circulatory problems so ditching carbohydrates is always a good idea.
Love and light